The legal team at Cummings Law Firm offers legal support to family members seeking to file a wrongful death claim after the death of a relative. We understand how sensitive and difficult such matters can be. While we cannot undo the circumstances that brought about the loss of a loved one, we can help families pursue financial compensation for a wide range of concerns and obtain a measure of justice.
What Is A Wrongful Death Claim?
A wrongful death claim is a civil action brought against an individual, group or institution that can be held liable for another person's death. For such a claim to be successful in Connecticut, it is necessary to establish that the death resulted directly from the liable party's negligence, recklessness or intention to cause harm.
Our firm is skillful at carrying out wrongful death matters that arise from a full range of causes, including:
- Automobile accidents, including car crashes, trucking wrecks and motorcycle collisions
- Instances of medical malpractice, including surgical errors, misdiagnoses, prescription mistakes and other failures of care
- Nursing home negligence and abuse
- Dangerous or malfunctioning products, including children's toys, car parts, electrical equipment and more
- Unsafe or improperly secured premises
- Occupational hazards such as exposure to toxins or unsafe work sites
In every matter we take on, we will help surviving loved ones pursue restitution for medical fees, funeral costs, loss of consortium, pain and suffering, and any other legal remedies available.
We're Here To Help
To learn more, or to speak with an lawyer, reach out to our firm. You can call us at 203-754-7779 or contact us online. With offices in Waterbury, attorney Jim Cummings serves throughout New Haven County and the surrounding region.
Initial consultations in these matters are always free.